From 27th September 2021, if you are concluding contracts that involve the transfer of personal data from the EU to third countries on the basis of the EU standard contractual clauses (SCCs), you will need to use the EU's new version of the SCCs.
Join our international data transfer specialists to understand the practical and organisational steps you will need to take when using the new SCCs.
During the session we will consider:
- The structure of the SCCs and how to select the correct modules for your transfer;
- The obligations, risks and liabilities the SCCs create for your business;
- How to incorporate the new SCCs into your template data processing clauses;
- How to address the diverging approaches to UK and EU originating transfers in your contractual arrangements;
- The practical and organisational measures you will need to have in place to support your reliance on the new SCCs;
- How to undertake Transfer Impact Assessments;
- What the new SCCs mean for existing data transfers on the old SCCs; and
- How to approach repapering suppliers and partners with the new SCCs.