COVID-19 government guidance and announcements this week:
- HM Treasury - Expansion of Job Retention Scheme. View > BBPA > BCC > FSB > FDF > DWF Insights >
- Scottish Government - New restrictions 7 October. View > FDF >
- Welsh Government - Restrictions imposed in Bangor. View >
- DEFRA and Public Health England - Updated guidance for food businesses. View >
- Department for Transport - Add seven Greek Islands to UK quarantine list. View >
3rd annual report on product reformulation to reduce sugar content: Public Health England has published its latest annual report on food industry led product reformulation to reduce sugar contents. Retailer and manufacturer branded breakfast cereals and yogurts and fromage frais saw some of the biggest falls in sales weighted average sugar – around 13% but sugar levels in chocolate and sweet confectionery are relatively unchanged, while product sales increased, growing 16% and 7% respectively between 2015 and 2019. Average overall sugar reduction across all food categories stands at 3%. The report also found that marginal progress has been made in reducing sugar in products purchased and consumed outside of the home. Food pressure groups have highlighted the effectiveness of the sugar levy versus voluntary action in driving reductions. View > Sugar Smart UK > View >
Are you following us on LinkedIn?
Follow our food and retail sector pages for the industry news, legal insights and events so you never miss a thing.