UK Government Coronavirus information:
Published information this week has included the following:
- Daily briefings by the Prime Minister:
16 Mar > 17 Mar > 18 Mar > 19 Mar > 20 Mar >
- Announcement of new Cabinet Committees: View > View >
- Scientific evidence undermining decisions, Department for Health and Social Care: View >
- Social distancing measures, Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government: View >
- Guidance for workers, employees, benefit claimants and businesses: HM Treasury > HM Treasury > Department for Business > Department for Work and Pensions >
- Measures relaxing competition rules, delivery restrictions, planning permission enabling takeaway services to operate from restaurants and carrier bag charges for home delivery. View > View > View >
- The Association of Convenience Stores has published ‘assured advice’ on operating ‘home delivery’ services. View >
- The Competition and Markets Authority has published an open letter warning food and pharmaceutical businesses not to unduly increase prices. View >
- The EU Commission has published a recommendation for member state market surveillance authorities on speeding up of conformity assessment and market surveillance processes for PPE relevant to COVID-19. View >
- New regulations created by Secretary of State for business closure (COVID-19). View >
The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has published its regulatory approach during the current crisis. It will: take fast robust action against ads exploiting health-related anxieties or financial difficulties, protect public and minority sensitivities from being seriously misjudged, monitor for instances where fair competition is grossly undermined, act on evidence of ads that irresponsibly take advantage of current retail conditions and refuse to tolerate public health advice being undermined. View >
Are you following us on LinkedIn?
Follow our retail and food sector pages for the latest industry news, legal insights and events so you never miss a thing.