We receive repeat instructions from leading global insurers and corporates directly, and we have a deep understanding of the needs of producers, distributors and retailers - from multinationals to micro businesses.
What we do
Our experts are experienced in defending civil claims relating to defective products both domestically and across multiple jurisdictions, pursuing recoveries along the supply chain, advising on policy coverage, handling product recalls and protecting reputation, advising on regulatory compliance in relation to labelling, advertising and product launch, conducting judicial review of product regulatory decisions, advising on jurisdiction and choice of law, and handling complex group litigation.
How we can help
We have a clear insight into the issues that producers face in a range of market sectors, including automotive, chemical, construction, electrical, food, medical device, pharmaceutical and retail. We draw on insurance, regulatory and corporate lawyers to provide a full service offering and we look ahead in each sector to advise on emerging risks.
Our international reach
Our offices around the world house tried and tested networks of lawyers and experts, including multi-lingual lawyers, and those with dual qualifications in jurisdictions such as the US, Europe and Africa; we provide a comprehensive cross-border service.
Our ongoing support
Our award winning DWF Crisis response service offers 24/7 access to product liability experts in the event of a civil or regulatory emergency, along with media specialists to manage PR, and counsellors to support traumatised employees. We also offer bespoke training in a range of product liability topics to help you at every step.
Our work includes
- Advising in relation to claims against the lead defendant in the PIP Breast Implant Group Litigation.
- Conducting cross-jurisdictional litigation in relation to the supply of pharmaceutical products from India.
- Defending psychiatric injury claims involving pork DNA contamination of Halal products.
- Advising on withdrawal of potentially contaminated soft drinks and snacks sold in numerous countries.
- Advising in relation to incidents in England and France involving fatalities and serious injuries arising out of coach and fleet vehicle accidents.
- Acting for insurers in coverage disputes arising from property damage and injury claims in respect of polychlorinated biphenyl inclusion in various products in the US.
- Defending contractors in respect of multiple fires arising from miniature circuit-breakers that were the subject of a product recall.
- Acting for a quarry company in relation to allegedly contaminated aggregate used on public roads.