The Government recently announced an overhaul of federal laws aimed at stamping out sexual misconduct in Australian workplaces, and recent decisions have seen significant compensation ordered in sexual harassment cases against both employers and individuals.
It is vital that employers take action to prevent the risk of sexual harassment in the workplace through policy and procedure, and that they are aware of the complexities involved in managing sexual harassment complaints.
Join DWF's Head of Employment, Safety & Regulatory Matthew Smith and Head of Insurance Damien van Brunschot as they examine:
- Sexual harassment – Key definitions and duties
- Potential penalties including personal liability
- Preventative action – Strategies for minimising the risk
- Sexual harassment policy and procedure
- Managing sexual harassment complaints
- Effective investigation of sexual harassment allegations
- New sexual harassment laws
- Workers compensation / insurance considerations
You will have the opportunity to ask questions at any time during the live webinar by typing them in the chat box.
We hope you can join us for what will be an interactive and informative discussion.
Wednesday 25 August 2021 9:30am – 10:30am AEST
- Matthew Smith, Principal Lawyer // Head of Employment, Safety & Regulatory
- Damien van Brunschot, Regional Managing Partner - Australasia // Managing Partner Australia // Partner