Information published this week includes:
- Ministry of Justice: Plans to operate 100 crown courts using video technology. View >
- HM Treasury: Announcement of zero VAT rating of ‘e’ publications from 1st May. View >
- Office for Product Safety and Standards: Revised guidance for businesses and local authorities. View >
- Gambling Commission: Guidance for consumers on steps that online gambling businesses should be taking to protect them and also provide £9m funding to Gamble Aware for treatment services. View > View >
- Committee on Advertising Practice and MHRA: Enforcement notice re-advertising IV Drips (Coronavirus/COVID-19). View >
- Ethical Trading Initiative: Call on members to support the global textile industry in COVID-19 call to action: View >
- Food Safety Authority Ireland: Guidance for food business operators. View >
- Portman Group: Publish results of survey showing fall in alcohol consumption during lockdown. View >
The Advertising Standards Authority rulings on price comparisons:
- Iceland did not breach the advertising codes in their Christmas advertising campaign ‘Number 1 for a luxury value Christmas feast’. View >
- ‘Buy It Direct’ were in breach of the codes when they claimed price reductions from prices that had ceased to apply four months previously despite the higher prices having applied for 241 days before that time. View >
Are you following us on LinkedIn?
Follow our retail and food sector pages for the latest industry news, legal insights and events so you never miss a thing.