The purpose is to ensure the implementation of actions aimed to reduce final energy consumption of commercial buildings.
These actions may take the form of:
- improving energy performance by carrying out works
- installing technical facilities having a better energy performance
- optimising the use of existing technical facilities
- using buildings in a more economical and responsible way
All building, part of building or building complex subject to these obligations, must reach, for each of the years 2030, 2040 and 2040 the following goals:
1. Either a level of final energy consumption reduced by 40%( for 2030) 50% (for 2040) and 60% (for 2050) compared to an energy consumption of a reference year which cannot be prior to 2010.
2. Or a level of final energy consumption fixed in absolute value per category of building.
Monitoring of implementation of the legal obligation is entirely dematerialized and will be done through the OPERAT platform, set up by the French Agency for the Environment and Energy Management (ADEME)