The Legal 500 is an independent guide to the UK legal market which assesses the strength of legal businesses in the UK, with results based on independent research including thousands of interviews, analysis of law firm submissions and client feedback.
In the 2018-19 guide, the Legal 500 continues to rate DWF highly across a wide range of practice areas and sectors, with clients commenting that DWF is 'first rate', able to deliver ‘strategic guidance’ with a ‘commercial approach’ and 'scores 10/10 all round'.
DWF has secured 108 rankings in total, demonstrating the breadth of expertise that exists across the business.
Other headline figures from the Legal 500 this year include:
- 20 tier one rankings across practice areas
- 40 lawyers listed as Leading Individuals and 17 Next Generation lawyers highlighted
- Improved rankings in seven categories
- Brand new rankings in seven categories
In the Chambers and Partners Guide UK, which identifies and ranks the most outstanding law firms and lawyers by region and practice area, DWF secured 64 rankings this year, including two new rankings in the Personal Injury - Scotland and Product Liability UK-wide categories.
The firm also secured two new Recommended Practices in Banking & Finance - Midlands and Employment - North East.
Clients have commented that DWF's 'flexible working and use of technology give full national and cross-border capabilities'. Other standout achievements include:
- Five Band 1 rankings across the UK, with Health & Safety UK-wide achieving a Band 1 ranking for the first time
- 12 UK-wide rankings
- 91 lawyers have been ranked
- Two partners have been classed as Star Individuals (Head of Retail, Food and Hospitality, Hilary Ross and Head of the Large Loss Insurance team in London, Graham Dickinson), one Star Associate (Jay Mehta, a senior associate specialising in state aid and public funding), six Associates to Watch and an Up and Coming.