ExperienceHis expertise covers personal injury, pre-litigation claims handling, inquests, HSE prosecutions and occupational health claims. He also has particular expertise in the marine and energy sectors.
Over the years Mark has handled a range of injury claims and related matters for insurers and syndicates. He is particularly known for his straightforward approach to dealing with claims and for looking for early solutions for clients.
Mark's expertise includes:
- Handling complex and large injury claims including Ł1m asthma claim and advice on policy liability.
- Claims handling involving fraud and exaggeration including screening and profiling with social media.
- Occupational disease claims including work related upper limb disorders, cancer, asbestos and noise-induced hearing loss claims.
- Claims arising out of diving operations and marine and energy operations. Claims for decompression illness and post-traumatic stress from diving.
- Coroner's Inquests and Health & Safety Executive matters. He acted for a social worker in an inquest 'scapegoating' matter and for a diving instructor in an inquest arising out of a fatality at a dive centre.
Mark provides training and strategic support to insurers and insureds on developing areas of law and speak at industry events.
Mark is a keen road cyclist and climber and enjoys dinghy sailing. The rest of his time is occupied with family capers with his wife and two sons.