ExperienceShe has over 20 years' experience dealing with commercial insurance disputes, including property claims both defended and recoveries, product liability, engineering claims and advising insurers on policy coverage issues.
Nicole specialises in subrogated recoveries, examples of which include:
- Substantial fires caused by a range of defective appliances.
- Claims against builders and contractors in respect of defective workmanship.
- Significant escapes of water claims involving multi-tenure properties.
- Complex business interruption cases.
- Claims against third parties outside of the UK jurisdiction.
A valuable part of Nicole's experience was gained whilst seconded to the group legal department of a major composite insurer where she defended valuation claims against their property services arm.
She is particularly proud to have been involved in the reported property damage recovery case decided by the House of Lords, Transco Plc v Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council (scope of the rule in Rylands v Fletcher).