ExperienceAs well as defending a wide range of professionals faced with professional negligence claims, either in court or through mediation and dispute resolution, Sheona also advises insurers on coverage issues including those relating to fraud and dishonesty.
The professionals Sheona has defended include solicitors, barristers, accountants, IFAs, surveyors, valuers, engineers, architects, insurance brokers and IT project managers. She has a wide range of litigation experience in England and Wales and my reported cases include:
- Robert Irving Burns v Stone and others (meaning of claim made in Professional Indemnity Insurance Policy).
- T O'Donoghue v BM Harding and others (meaning of attended in Jewellers Block policy).
- Pryke v Gibbs Hartley Cooper (duties of Lloyds Broker and coverholders)
- Cavendish Funding v Henry Spencer and Sons (alleged overvaluation claim contributory negligence on the part of the lender).
- Halifax PLC v Curry Popeck and another (competing equitable interests and the Land Registration Act).
- MAES Finance Number 5 v Optima Legal Services (successful defence of claim by lender).
Sheona has over 20 years' experience of using various methods of Alternative Dispute Resolution.