ExperienceHe has a strong track record in dealing with international dispute, frequently through international arbitration, often concerning distressed projects, transactional fall out, shareholder and ownership disputes, as well as UK pensions regulatory work.
He has acted for major corporations, financial entities, governments, trustees and prominent individuals, often in disputes involving several jurisdictions.
His recent experience includes:
- One of the largest arbitrations in the technology sector brought under the LCIA rules.
- International arbitrations under the ICC, LCIA, LMAA, SIAC and other rules in a variety of sectors.
- Challenges to arbitral awards, including successfully setting aside a £200m + award on grounds of serious irregularity.
- Defending a major claim brought by the UK Pensions Regulator arising out of M&A activity.
- Disputes arising out of supply of goods and services and payment terms in international trade.
- Contentious issues concerning failed and delayed projects and joint ventures.
- Disputes arising out of corporate activity and enforcing investor and shareholder rights.
- Actions to protect confidential information and intellectual property.
Many of Richard's clients are international and he has represented parties from the USA, throughout Europe, Russia, Africa, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
He has been recommended in the Legal 500 since 2014 for commercial litigation expertise and banking disputes (retail and investment).
"Works extraordinarily hard and has no problem with the most complex legal analysis."
Chambers & Partners