Thorsten advises companies on all employment law issues such as drafting employment contracts, preparing and implementing variable compensation systems, dismissals, transfers of businesses, negotiations and agreements with works councils, restructuring and M&A transactions and represents his clients in court. He has proven experience in the area of external staff deployment (employee leasing / contract for work and services) and represents his clients in audits.
Thorsten Kühnel has in-depth experience with international clients who are planning to expand their business into the German market and therefore need a complete set-up (of employees/contracts etc.) and advice on compliance of their business model.
- The works council election 2022 as a challenge for employers – general overview and innovations (Part 1), January 2022
- "Managing your workplace post-lockdown", June 2020
- "The COVID-19 journey so far – Germany", May 2020
- "Returning your workforce: Checklist of employment considerations", May 2020
- "BAG zum Verfall des Urlaubsanspruchs ohne Urlaubsantrag des Arbeitnehmers", September 2019.
- "Kein automatischer Verfall des Urlaubsanspruchs“, December 2018.
- “Fixed-term employment agreements in professional sports?” Lexology: 03/2016.