Brexit has been a moveable feast and questions still remain about its impact on data protection in the UK and EU both in the near and long term.
Will the UK now be freed from the restraints of EU data protection law to drive a pro-tech and business strategy which frees up the use of data? Will the UK follow a data protection agenda set by mainland Europe or is it inevitable that data protection standards in the UK will be eroded over time.
During this session we will answer the questions:
- How does Brexit impact the free use of customer and employee data?
- What are the data protection requirements that are placed on your operations in the UK and EU?
- What are the options for dealing with those requirements as you grapple with the two regimes of the UK GDPR and EU GDPR?
- To what extent does data protection create barriers to international trade?
- What does the future of data protection look like for the UK and the EU, what is on the horizon and how will this benefit or impact your business?
- James Drury-Smith, Partner, Data Privacy and Cyber Security
- JP Buckley, Partner, Data Privacy and Cyber Security