After four years in private practice Andrew joined the legal department of the British Railways Board dealing with EL and PL claims. He became Assistant Claims Manager and was later appointed Operations Director of Railway Claims Limited. Andrew returned to private practice in 1996 specialising in the handling of claims for train operating companies.
Andrew has acted for a large number of train operating companies both in the handling of claims and in matters proceeding to litigation.His experience also includes:
- Handling personal injury claims from slip/trip claims to major injury and fatal accidents.
- Litigation claims from fast track low value claims to complex multi-party cases and proceedings in the Court of Appeal.
- Appearing regularly before the Rail Registrar and also in front of the Industry Committee in relation to cases where there are disputes between rail industry parties.
- Providing advice to rail companies and their insurers on the allocation of liability and the operation of the Claims Allocation and Handling Agreement.
- Claims handling advice and seminars, focusing particularly on issues relevant to train operators with a view to reducing their liability for claims.
- Acting for rail companies prosecuted for health and safety offences and also following environmental damage caused by rail operations.
- Pursuing claims for damage to rolling stock usually following line side incidents, such claims sometimes exceeding Ł500,000.
Andrew has previously received mention in the Legal Experts directory upon the recommendation of rail clients.