Edyta Rękawek is an advocate, Senior Associate at DWF’s Warsaw office and a member of the Banking & Finance Transactional Department.
She specializes in banking, financial and corporate law. Edyta has participated in a number of both domestic and cross-border financing and refinancing transactions, including property finance, acquisition finance and project finance. She advises at every stage of transaction and represents Polish and foreign lenders (including banks, funds and financial institutions) and borrowers.
Her experience covers drafting and negotiating financing documentation, inter alia, facility agreements (also in accordance with LMA standards), intercreditor agreements and security documents, drafting legal opinions, managing the process of fulfilment of conditions precedent for loan disbursements and conducting due diligence of documents connected with financial indebtedness. She also advises clients in disputes arising in relation to breach of loan agreements. In addition, Edyta is experienced in advising issuers and financial institutions in bond issuances.
Prior to joining DWF, Edyta worked at leading international and Polish law firms.
Edyta graduated from the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw and studied at the Sorbonne University. She speaks Polish, English, French, Portuguese and Spanish.
- Advocate - The Warsaw Bar Association
- Advising a consortium of six foreign banks as arrangers with respect to senior facilities in the amount of EUR 900 million to finance the acquisition of a distributor of industrial products.
- Advising a UK company managing funds in Europe on a financial restructuring of credit facilities extended by HSBC Bank Polska and Bank BZ WBK S.A. with regard to a portfolio of 8 properties in Poland in the total amount of EUR 36 million.
- Advising a South Africa-based real estate investment trust (REIT), listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, on financial aspects of the acquisition of a 75 % stake in Echo Prime Properties BV from Echo Investment S.A., enabling to take control of a portfolio of 18 commercial properties located in 11 cities across Poland (value of the transaction: EUR 1.1 billion).
- Advising a Singapore fund on a planned acquisition finance in relation to Polish e-commerce company Allegro by one of the bidders in the form of a second lien loan (value of the transaction: USD 3.25 billion)
- Advising a specialist property asset management company focused on investment and management of shopping centers and retail environments across Europe, on: (i) a joint venture with CBRE Global Investors and the acquisition of prime retail asset Vimmelskaftet 39-41 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and (ii) a joint venture with Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo, one of Canada’s largest and most diversified institutional investment managers with more than CAD 100 billion of assets under management) and acquisition of Docks Bruxsel, the first new shopping center developed in Brussels for over 30 years, for over EUR 300 million.
- Advising the largest real estate managing fund in Poland in its position as a borrower in connection with several credit facilities granted by Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego.
- Advising a leading fund operating as a REIT on financial aspects of purchase of a real property for the purposes of construction of Galeria Młociny (value of the transaction: EUR 330 million).
- Advising a leading fund operating as a REIT and the largest Polish developer on financial aspects of purchase of a real property located in Warsaw at ul. Towarowa 22 (value of the transaction: EUR 120 million).
- Advising a leading developer and a leading owner/manager of developed real estate projects on financial aspects of acquisition of the King Cross Marcelin shopping center (value of the transaction: EUR 91.1 million).
- Advising a leading retailer on financial aspects of acquisition of 91 hypermarkets in Poland, Russia, Romania and Ukraine (value of the transaction: EUR 1.1 billion).
- Advising one of the world’s top manufacturers of copper and precious metals on financial aspects of its largest transactions.
- Advising leading banks as well as borrowers in numerous financing projects.
- Advising foreign companies on financing transactions related to their Polish subsidiaries.
- Assisting a major Polish HR company on its dual listing on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange, in cooperation with Pinsent Masons and ProPrimo Consultants.