We will discuss:
- The issues that arose in the appeal – what are they and why do they matter?
- The ability for claimants to run representative actions and group litigation in data breach cases – remedies that are now available and the differences between them.
- The ability for claimants to recover loss of control damages, user damages and compensation for distress.
- How the judgment connects to other recent landmark developments affecting the tort of misuse of private information and breach of confidence and the rules about insurance cover for litigation costs.
Thursday 11 November, 16:00 – 17:00 (GMT)
- Stewart Room, Partner and Global Head of Data Protection, Privacy & Cyber Security
- Ben Johnson, Partner
- Michelle Maher, Senior Associate
- Richard Hall, Senior Associate
- Simon Davis, Associate