Whistleblowing has become a hot topic for business leaders in recent years, and with the EU Whistleblowing Directive implementation deadline of 17 December 2021 now reached we consider the global implications for organisations. With different approaches to implementation and some countries missing the deadline, remaining compliant is challenging. From cross-border businesses, to businesses with operations inside or outside the EU, our multijurisdictional webinar will provide a practical overview of the legal landscape and insight into how businesses can stay one step ahead with advice from our cross disciplinary team.
Whistleblowing has the potential to impact across multiple business channels and that is why we're bringing together a range of experts from across our global business to discuss the implications with regards to:
- Employment law;
- Corporate crime;
- ESG; and
- Data protection and privacy.
The following key questions will be addressed by the panel during the webinar:
- What is the current legal status quo on whistleblowing for global organisations?
- Have you seen an increase in the number of whistleblowing claims following the onset of the pandemic? What types of whistleblowing claims are you seeing?
- What impact are the new whistleblowing provisions likely to have on corporate crime investigations? What practical steps can organisations take to ensure that they are fully prepared for such eventualities?
- With an increased focus on ethical, responsible behaviour, what practical steps can employers take to reduce the risk of whistleblowing claims? When faced with whistleblowing claims, what steps should employers take?
- What challenges await in the future and how can employers prepare for them?
With an increasing focus on ethical, responsible behaviour, join our experts to understand what the future may hold for whistleblowing and what this means for you and your business.
You will be given the opportunity to ask questions during the webinar. We hope you can join us.
- Paweł Dudojc, Counsel - Corporate
- Eva Einfeldt, Global Head of Employment & Pensions
- Euros Jones, Partner - Corporate
- Kate Meadowcroft, Director - Employment & Pensions
- Tom Stiebert, Senior Associate - Employment & Pensions
- Izabela Szczygielska, Local Partner - Employment & Pensions