Our multi-disciplinary government and public sector team brings together expertise in national, regional and local government, healthcare, education, charities and social enterprise. We combine vast experience across the many different strands of the public sector, working both on behalf of public bodies, quasi-public bodies and institutions, as well as with private sector suppliers and partners that rely on them.
We provide our clients with a full range of legal services such as:
- Grant funding
- Major infrastructure and regeneration projects
- Real estate support and development
- Commercial and construction advice
- Day-to-day support on employment
- Data protection and freedom of information.
Our work also spans:
- Commercial contracts
- Competition law (especially Subsidy Control and State aid)
- Funding applications
- Health and safety
- Insurance claims and counter fraud service
- Joint ventures
- Collaborations and partnerships
- Judicial reviews
- Mergers and acquisitions
- PFI projects
- Public procurement
- Regulatory and compliance issues
- Social housing
- Strategic planning advice
- Vires and governance
All of this advice is specifically tailored to the needs of the public sector (and those interacting with it) using the specialist knowledge of our team. We advise public authorities across the world and the skills and experience we have is often readily transferable across jurisdictions. We work for central government authorities, regional and local authorities, R&D, education and health institutions, police authorities, charities, and all the third parties that work with the public sector.
Crown Commercial Service Frameworks
DWF is a supplier on the UK Government's Crown Commercial Service (CCS) frameworks: Legal Services Panel (RM6179), Wider Public Sector – Legal Services (RM6240) and e-Disclosure and Review Services (RM6336).